Today we will learn how to make Eggless Sizzling Chocolate Brownie with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce. Let’s get started.
Would a video be better? To watch the video, click here
What is the one thing that is common between kids, adults and senior citizens?
The love for Sweets! That is because our body naturally craves for sugar. By consuming sugar, our body releases dopamine hormone that make us feel good or happy. And who doesn’t want to be happy!
But what fun would it be, if we were to eat raw sugar to fulfil our cravings? Wait, do you hear something? I can hear someone approaching.. it is…. IT IS…. DESSERTS!!!!!
A wise man once said, ‘desserts are the one stop solution for most of the moods we possess’. Happy? Dessert! Sad? Dessert! Romantic? Dessert!
Also in India, is a festival even complete without sweets?
So let’s learn to make one of the most popular desserts which is Sizzling Brownie!
How to make Sizzling Brownie at Home with simple ingredients?
The Double Boiler
If you have a microwave, your life is already at ease. But, what if you don’t have a microwave? You don’t want your chocolate to have a burnt taste right? That’s why we need to melt the chocolate in a double boiler. For a double boiler, boil water in a vessel and place another bowl on top of it, that fits right on the top of the vessel rather than sinking in. The steam from the boiling water helps to melt the chocolate, without burning it.
Image Source: Basically
Willy Wonka had a chocolate river, we can at least have a large bowl of it right? So we will make a chocolaty solution having dark chocolate, butter, powdered sugar and some water.
Image Source: Pixabay
If we bake our chocolate solution, all we going to get is, a reduced, thick chocolate solution. But aren’t we supposed to make Brownie? So, we need something that will give body to the chocolate solution. Here comes in play some All-purpose flour/ maida and chocolate powder that bind together with the liquid elements and give shape to the brownie.
Image Source: The Handy Homemaker
Lightness, Airiness and Sponginess
Would you like a flat, hard piece of cake? No right! So for that do not forget to add in baking powder and baking soda to the dry mix to make it nice, light and spongy.
Airy but no air
The brownie being airy and the brownie having air bubbles are two different things and the latter is not very appealing. So make sure to strain all your dry ingredients to remove the lumps and air gaps.
Whisk Whisk Whisk!
Once you have blended in the chocolate solution with your dry ingredients, make sure to stir it well to remove the air bubbles if any.
Image Source: Pixabay
Have a seat, watch a serial maybe…
Once your brownie goes inside the oven, you can relax for the next 40 minutes and let the oven do its work!
Image Source: Pexels
The Brownie won’t come out of the mould right after being taken out of the oven. Let it take its own sweet time to cool down. And then when you de-mould it, it will come out in the perfect shape.
It’s your Canvas, paint it your way!
Now that your brownie is ready, you can enjoy it with any ice cream or in whichever way you want to.
Image Source: Pixabay
- 125 grams Maida (all-purpose flour)
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 20 grams cashews
- 20 grams walnut
- 50 grams butter
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- Baking soda 1/4th teaspoon
- Baking powder 1/4th teaspoon
- Vanilla essence 1/4th teaspoon
For Chocolate sauce
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams fresh cream
- In a vessel, keep water for boiling. In another bowl, take the 50 grams dark chocolate and keep this bowl over the vessel of boiling water to melt the chocolate. Keep stirring the chocolate and then add butter. Once it mixes well, take the bowl off the vessel.
- Now add powdered sugar to the mix and stir well. Add a cup of water and stir again. When a smooth consistent solution is formed, keep it aside.
- In a strainer, take Maida (all-purpose flour), baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Strain them in a bowl to remove any air gaps or lumps.
- In this mixture, add the chocolate solution that we prepared. Keep stirring while adding the liquid to make sure there are no lumps. When you get a smooth batter, add to it cashews, walnuts and vanilla essence and give it good final stir.
- Take a baking tray. Grease it with some butter and maida. Pour in the brownie batter and bake it for 40 minutes at 180°C in a pre-heated oven.
For Chocolate Sauce
- Take the 200 grams of dark chocolate and melt it on a double boiler (in the same way we did for brownie).
- Keep adding fresh cream while stirring the melted chocolate to get a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Heat the sizzler plate for 5-6 minutes on high flame. (If you don’t have a Sizzler plate, you can order one from www.amazon.in
- Place the brownie piece over the sizzler plate. On top of the brownie, add a scoop of ice cream of your choice and then pour over it the chocolate sauce. You can garnish it with some dry fruits as well.
And our Sizzling brownie is ready to be enjoyed!
Do try out the recipe and let us know your feedback about how the overall dish came out to be. Also, for more recipes, stay updated!